Re: Stored procedure code no longer stored in v14 and v15, changed behaviour

От DAVID ROTH
Тема Re: Stored procedure code no longer stored in v14 and v15, changed behaviour
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Is there a way to reverse engineer the original code (or its equivalent) from what is saved in the database?

> On 12/02/2022 8:48 AM Dominique Devienne <ddevienne@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On Thu, Dec 1, 2022 at 8:51 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> > Do you really fail to see the contradictions in this?  You want the
> > database to preserve the original DDL, but you also want it to update
>
> Hi. I probably didn't express myself correctly. I don't think there's
> a contradiction.
>
> I originally wrote:
> "maintaining the original, at least until a re-write is necessary on renames".
>
> But that I meant that the SQL would be preserved as-is, *initially*.
> But that if/when a rename affecting that SQL happens, then it's fair
> game to re-write it.
> Because then the diff between my in-memory code-generated DDL, and the
> server-side
> DDL is no longer a false positive, as it is now from the "pre-emptive" re-write.
>
> What is creating me pain, is the fact the re-write of the SQL is
> *eager* instead of *lazy*.
> I.e. I'm paying for the rewrite, even when it's not strictly necessary
> (from my POV at least).
>
> I hope that makes more sense. Thanks, --DD

Сообщение: Re: Stored procedure code no longer stored in v14 and v15, changed behaviour
Сообщение: Re: Stored procedure code no longer stored in v14 and v15, changed behaviour