Re: Hot standby, race condition between recovery snapshot and commit

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Hot standby, race condition between recovery snapshot and commit
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, 2009-11-14 at 14:59 +0200, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> There's a race condition ....

Yes, I believe this is a major showstopper for the current
approach/attempt....but...

> I can't see any obvious way around that.

Huh? We're only doing this strict locking approach because you insisted
that the looser approach was not acceptable. Have you forgotten that
discussion so completely that you can't even remember the existence of
other options?

It amazes me that you should then use locking overhead as the reason to
not pursue the current approach further, which was exactly my argument
for not pursuing it in the first place.

You're leading me a merry dance.