Re: Postgres on QNX

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Postgres on QNX
Дата
Список pgsql-ports
>> In particular, i have NUMERIC test failing with same 'ERROR: cannot
>> create unique index. Table contains noon-unique values'. Also CREATE
>> VIEW fails with 'cannot insert a duplicate key into unique index
>> pg_rewrite_rulename_index'

Hm.  Is this with current Postgres sources (7.1 or later)?

I had always assumed that the bizarre behavior in the QNX port was
caused by our old not-too-portable function call interface.  But if
you're seeing it with 7.1 or later then that theory is wrong ---
the new-style call interface doesn't use any unprototyped function
calls, so it adheres to all ANSI C rules.

At this point it seems that we must be dealing with either a compiler
bug (which compiler are you using?) or some so-far-unrecognized
portability mistake in the Postgres code.  If it's the latter then
I'd like to find and fix it.  Can you dig into it with a debugger and
try to determine where the code goes wrong?  The CREATE VIEW case would
probably be easier to analyze than the numeric index creation.