Re: strange IS NULL behaviour

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: strange IS NULL behaviour
Дата
Re: strange IS NULL behaviour  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> This has made me adjust my goal and change it so SELECT ROW(NULL) IS
> NULL returns true, and any further nesting returns false.

AFAICS, the only good argument for breaking backwards compatibility here
is if you can convince people that the new behavior is more conformant to
the SQL spec.  Where's the chapter and verse that argues for this
interpretation?

And I will say once more that a patch that affects only the behavior of
eval_const_expressions can be rejected on its face.  That code has to be
kept in sync with the behavior of execQual.c, not just whacked around by
itself.  And then there are the NOT NULL constraint cases to worry about.

Сообщение: Re: strange IS NULL behaviour
Сообщение: Re: strange IS NULL behaviour