Re: new version of PQconnectdb was:(Re: [HACKERS] Determining client_encoding from client locale)

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: new version of PQconnectdb was:(Re: [HACKERS] Determining client_encoding from client locale)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > Is anyone planning to do further work on this?  This appears to be
> > blocking the client_encoding=auto feature.
>
> Huh?  Why would there be any linkage?  This is just offering an
> alternative way to set connection options, it has nothing to do
> with what the set of options is.

Right, but we got stuck when we realized that we would need to switch
psql's connection handling from PQsetdb to PQconnectdb, which would be
annoying.  And at the moment everyone involved appears to be waiting on
this hypothetical newer version of PQconnectdb to make the original
patch easier.