Re: Add ZSON extension to /contrib/

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Add ZSON extension to /contrib/
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Matthias van de Meent <boekewurm+postgres@gmail.com> writes:
> I like the idea of the ZSON type, but I'm somewhat disappointed by its
> current limitations:

I've not read the code, so maybe this thought is completely off-point,
but I wonder if anything could be learned from PostGIS.  AIUI they
have developed the infrastructure needed to have auxiliary info
(particularly, spatial reference data) attached to a geometry column,
without duplicating it in every value of the column.  Seems like that
is a close analog of what's needed here.

Сообщение: Re: storing an explicit nonce
Сообщение: Re: storing an explicit nonce