Re: Can't put sub-queries values in queries results?

От Manuel Lemos
Тема Re: Can't put sub-queries values in queries results?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello Stephan,

On 22-Jul-00 15:50:21, you wrote:

>What version are you using?
>Current sources allow this, and 7.0.2 should as well.

I am using 6.4 .  I wanted to use earlier versions but they require a
larger shared memory (1MB I suppose) than it is available on my ISP
machine.

PostgreSQL documentation says that I should ask the system administrator to
allow for more shared memory but my ISP won't do it unless I upgrade my
hosting option from a virtual server to a dedicated server.  Since I can't
justify the cost only with this necessity, I am not going to upgrade.

I wonder if there isn't another way to configure PostgreSQL build to avoid
this problem that did not exist in version 6.4 .

>sszabo=# select distinct a, (select count(*) from b where b.a=a.a) from a;
> a | ?column?
>---+----------
> 3 |        3
> 4 |        1
>   |        0
>(3 rows)

Yes, that's what I need as long that last a column is not a NULL because
that is what I get with joins.

Regards,
Manuel Lemos

Web Programming Components using PHP Classes.
Look at: http://phpclasses.UpperDesign.com/?user=mlemos@acm.org
--
E-mail: mlemos@acm.org
PGP key: http://www.mlemos.e-na.net/ManuelLemos.pgp

Сообщение: Re: Can't put sub-queries values in queries results?
Сообщение: Re: Can't put sub-queries values in queries results?