Re: pgsql-server: Add: > > * Allow buffered WAL writes

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pgsql-server: Add: > > * Allow buffered WAL writes
Дата
Re: pgsql-server: Add: > > * Allow buffered WAL writes  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-committers
> Many databases offer this feature.  The submitter asked for it,

Actually he didn't --- AFAICS you misinterpreted the thread completely.
The original suggestion was that we might be able to exploit a
transactional filesystem to improve performance *without* sacrificing
any correctness guarantees.  Delayed fsync has nothing to do with that.

(I'm dubious whether there's any performance improvement to be had that
would be worth the code uglification involved, since we're surely not
going to *require* a transactional filesystem and so two very different
code paths seem to be needed.  But it's at least something to think about.)

Again, the fact that Oracle offers such a feature doesn't make it a good
idea.

Сообщение: Re: pgsql-server: Add: > > * Allow buffered WAL writes
Сообщение: Re: pgsql-server: Add: > > * Allow buffered WAL writes