Re: Best suiting OS

От Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Тема Re: Best suiting OS
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Mon, 2009-10-05 at 12:07 +0200, Jean-Michel Pouré wrote:
> Go for Debian:
> * It is a free community, very active.

Well, we need to state that this is not a unique feature.

> * It is guaranteed to be upgradable.

Depends. I had lots of issues with upgrade process in the past -- but
yeah, it is much better than most distros.

> * Very easy to administrate via apt-get.

Right. apt is better than yum (in terms of speed).

> Choose Debian SID or testing, which will provide the latest fixes.

One thing that I don't like about Debian is their update policy.

If upstream is releasing a security update, I'd like to be able to find
new packages as upstream announces updated sets. Yes, I'm talking about
PostgreSQL here.
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ, RHCE
Command Prompt - http://www.CommandPrompt.com