Re: benchmarking the query planner

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: benchmarking the query planner
Дата
Re: benchmarking the query planner  (Simon Riggs <simon@2ndQuadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> I would like it even more if there was a data type specific default.
> Currently we have a special case for boolean, but that's it.

No, we don't (or if we do I'd be interested to know where).  I don't see
much value in a data-type-dependent default anyway --- would you make
different defaults for int4, int8, and float8, and on what grounds?
The actual data contents of three such columns could easily be exactly
equivalent.

Сообщение: Re: benchmarking the query planner
Сообщение: Re: benchmarking the query planner