Re: Update minimum SSL version

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Update minimum SSL version
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> writes:
>> On 5 Dec 2019, at 02:48, Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
>> So it seems to me that we are able to correctly
>> detect the presence of this function in the configure checks if
>> building with 1.1.0~, but not other versions.

> Yes, we can't use AC_CHECK_FUNCS but would need to use AC_COMPILE_IFELSE (or a
> similar check) in order to detect the macro.

configure already has a similar issue for isinf().  (I thought there
were more cases, actually, but I don't see another right now.)
We could just duplicate that logic, or maybe it's time to wrap it
up in an autoconf macro?

> Yes, if we're dropping older versions such that all supported versions have the
> function, then keeping the autoconf check would be quite pointless.

True as far as HEAD goes.  What I'd like to know is whether not
realizing that SSL_clear_options is present causes any functional
issues that would justify back-patching a fix.