Re: pgsql: Add standard collation UNICODE

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pgsql: Add standard collation UNICODE
Дата
Re: pgsql: Add standard collation UNICODE  (Jeff Davis <pgsql@j-davis.com>)
Список pgsql-committers
Jeff Davis <pgsql@j-davis.com> writes:
> On Sat, 2023-03-11 at 08:31 -0500, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>> It's fairly old:
>> $ rpm -q -a | grep icu
>>  libicu-50.2-4.0.amzn1.x86_64
>>  libicu-devel-50.2-4.0.amzn1.x86_64

> FWIW I tried ICU 50.2 (built from sources) and the root locale still
> sorts lowercase first.

snapper is showing this failure too [1], which makes me wonder if it's
a locally-customizable option.

In general, I see no good reason for our regression tests to be making
assumptions about exactly how ICU's root locale behaves, so I'd suggest
just lobotomizing this test case so it doesn't depend on upper/lower
sort order.

            regards, tom lane

[1] https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=snapper&dt=2023-03-11%2016%3A50%3A13