Re: [Q] optmizing postgres for 'single client' / many small queries

От V S P
Тема Re: [Q] optmizing postgres for 'single client' / many small queries
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I do not know of any for C++.

That's why I started my own (which is not the one used for the problem I
am having  :- ) )
http://github.com/vladp/CppOrm
it works with Pg 8.3+ and VC++ compiler sofar (but support for more
platforms and Dbs will be added in the future).
My Orm is not really an ORM because I did not implement anything that
would 'traverse' object instance
relationships (which is what the ORM in question here is doing).
Instead I just automagically generate SQL code for insert/update/deletes
for classes that map to tables (one-to-one).

The basic problem is that C++ standards comittee in my view just
sucks... i do not have any better words
for it.  It is because of lack of reflection (ability to identify at
runtime variable names/functions names)
that an ORM, or HTTP session storage/retrival mechanism, JSON/XML
parsers that parse text right into class instances
-- cannot be implemented
Basically the things that are needed to deal with 'Typeless' data at
runtime (such that XML/JSON/Database queries)
and map that data to the C++ object instances.

Which is in the 'high-level view' why C++ is not used for web
development.

Yes there are 'attempts' in that area -- but all are different, require
quite a bit of sophistication
and are not complete (The reflection mechanism I implemented for my
cpporm is not complete either).

If C++ would have supported Reflection -- the there would be
C++_Hibernate, C++_LINQ, C++_json, C++_xml, C++_HTTP, C++_HTTPSession
and so on... (and no they would have been memory hogs -- thanks to now
standard reference counting in C++ via shared_ptr and good use of
allocators)

sorry for the rant,
still looking for any bright ideas on optimizing for many small
queries/local db host situations.

Thanks

--
Vlad P