Re: How to create a multi-column index with 2 dates using 'gist'?

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: How to create a multi-column index with 2 dates using 'gist'?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, 2009-08-26 at 23:08 +0800, Fred Janon wrote:
> Thanks Gerhard, interesting but I wonder if it is a maintained
> project, the files date from May 2008 and there is not much forum
> activity. I'll out it on my list of "To be investigated".

Well, it's maintained in the sense of "I don't know of any problems with
it." Right now all it does is implement the PERIOD data type, which is
indexable so that you can do searches on predicates like
"&&" (overlaps).

It may get a little more exciting when more features like temporal keys
(which I'm planning to make possible in the next commitfest) or temporal
joins (no serious plans yet, but seems doable) are implemented.

Regards,
    Jeff Davis