Re: DELETE syntax on JOINS

От Jean-Michel Pouré
Тема Re: DELETE syntax on JOINS
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> With proper foreign keys and ON DELETE CASCADE, why would supporting
> such syntax even be necessary?

Porting existing abstraction layers from ANSI JOINs to ON DELETE CASCADE
is complicated.

> What I don't get is why this is such a usability issue.  Subqueries in
> DELETE FROM work perfectly well, and provide more flexibility than
> most
> users know what to do with.

The ANSI syntax allows deleting one or several tables at once.
Subqueries are not supported by MySQL on DELETE.

Again, this is a usability issue to gain market shares and happy users
againts MySQL.

Kind regards,
Jean-Michel