Re: Unusual psql behavior

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Unusual psql behavior
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> I am seeing something I cannot figure out when using psql.

> This is what I see:

> psql (9.4.4)
> Type "help" for help.

> production_5432=> select from cell_per ;
> --
> (56 rows)

I believe this is the expected output for a table with 56 rows and zero
columns.  (It's probably a bug that psql doesn't display that as 56
empty lines, but nobody's cared enough to fix it.)  Since you did not
include anything in "select", you've got a zero-column result table.

> This is when I am logged in as system user aklaver. If I log in as
> another user on the same machine I see the query results. I see no
> differences in the user environments that would account for this.

You didn't say what query results you expected to get, but it's hard
to see how you get anything but zero columns from this query.