Re: hot standby - merged up to CVS HEAD

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: hot standby - merged up to CVS HEAD
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, 2009-08-09 at 22:15 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 9, 2009 at 2:43 PM, Simon Riggs<simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> > I've said very clearly that I am working on this and it's fairly
> > laughable to suggest that anybody thought I wasn't. What more should I
> > do to prove something is "active" if you won't accept my clearly spoken
> > word? How did you decide I was idle exactly?
>
> I think we looked at the fact that you haven't posted an updated
> version of this patch in almost 6 months.

That pretty much covers it.  We practice open development, we always
have. Those who don't generally run into problems just like this one.
Robert has taken the path of being open about the work that is being
performed and thus he is the one that appears to be making progress.

Simon, regardless of your "words" you have shown nothing for 6 months.
Does that mean you aren't working on it? Of course not but it certainly
shows a lack of transparency to the community with the work. You know
that doesn't work. The community assumes by default that no patch (or
active communication which you also haven't done) means no work. It
always has.

So instead of all of us bickering, how about we start actively working
"together" on the feature again.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake
--