Re: For production: 8.4 or 8.3?

От Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Тема Re: For production: 8.4 or 8.3?
Дата
Re: For production: 8.4 or 8.3?
Список pgsql-general

> > I thought they would get around to changing it now.
>
> "They" is me, and it's not changing.  I'm not blowing a chance at
> in-place upgrade to switch the integer-timestamp default.

FWIW, to follow PostgreSQL defaults, I changed PGDG rpms to use it by
default. I think this will be the first time that we break compatibility
between RH RPMs and PGDG ones.

It is your playground, but *IMHO* you should not disable a switch that
is on by PostgreSQL's default.

Regards,
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ, RHCE