Re: Any plans to support SQLDescribeParam (and friends) ?

От Mads Lindstrøm
Тема Re: Any plans to support SQLDescribeParam (and friends) ?
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Hi Hiroshi,

Thank you for the reply.

Hiroshi Inoue wrote:

> Mads Lindstrøm wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > Previously PsqlODBC did not support SQLDescribeParam (and friends), as
> > the PostgreSQL backend/frontend protocol did not offer the necessary
> > support to implement these functions [1]. Or at least, that is how I
> > understand it.
> >
> > But with protocol version 3, it should be possible to implement
> > SQLDescribeParam[2].
> >
> > Thus my question, is there any plans to support SQLDescribeParam (and
> > friends) ?
>
> You can call SQLDescribeParam() with the current driver when you
> check the 7.4+ Protocol option and the Server side prepare option.
>
> regards,
> Hiroshi Inoue

Yes, I can call SQLDescribeParam(..), but it always return VarChar, on
SMALLINT, INTEGER, BIGINT and DECIMAL parameters. So I guess I am doing
something wrong.

My odbc.ini looks like:

[MetaHDBC_PQ_DSN]
Description           = PostgreSQL ODBC
Driver                = postgreodbc
Trace                 = No
TraceFile             =
Database                = MetaHDBC_DB
Servername              = localhost
UserName                = metahdbc
Password                = foobar
Port                    = 5432
Protocol                = 8.3
ReadOnly                = No
RowVersioning           = No
ShowSystemTables        = No
ShowOidColumn           = No
FakeOidIndex            = No
ConnSettings            =
#ServerSidePrepare       = Yes
UseServerSidePrepare     = Yes

And the odbcinst.ini looks like:

[postgreodbc]
Description        = PostgreSQL ODBC driver
Driver        = /usr/lib/odbc/psqlodbcw.so
#Setup        = /usr/lib/odbc/libodbcpsqlS.so
Debug        = 0
CommLog        = 1
UsageCount        = 2

Do anybody have an idea of why I only see VarChar when calling
SQLDescribeParam(..) ?

Or any pointers to how I can debug the problem.

I am running on Debian Linux (Lenny) using psqlodbc version
(1:08.03.0200-1) (see
http://packages.debian.org/source/lenny/psqlodbc ).

Regards,

Mads Lindstrøm