Re: 8.1-compatible xlogdump

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: 8.1-compatible xlogdump
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Jonah H. Harris wrote:
>> Does anyone have a copy of xlogdump updated for 8.1? If so, please send me a
>> copy. Otherwise I'll update it and forward the diffs.

> We should definitely consider completing it and including it in contrib.

There is already code in the main backend to convert all the xlog record
types into text.  We should think of some way to reuse that code, rather
than maintaining identical functionality elsewhere.

Mind you, the backend code pretty much sucks from a robustness point of
view (unchecked string buffer use) so rewriting it along the way isn't
a bad idea.  I'm just saying let's think about how to have one copy not
two.