Re: GRANT ON ALL IN schema

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: GRANT ON ALL IN schema
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 2009-07-03 at 12:44 +0200, Petr Jelinek wrote:
> Petr Jelinek wrote:
> > So, here is the first version of the patch.
> Attached is v2 with slightly improved code, nothing has changed
> feature-wise.

I would like to see

GRANT ... ON ALL OBJECTS ...

because I know that I will forget to do TABLES, VIEWS and SEQUENCES
every time I want to do this.

If we are aggregating all objects of a type, why not aggregate all
objects, so we just issue one command?

(I'm sure we can do something intelligent with privileges that don't
apply to all object types rather than just fail. e.g. UPDATE privilege
should be same as USAGE on a sequence.)