Re: BUG #4879: bgwriter fails to fsync the file in recovery mode

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: BUG #4879: bgwriter fails to fsync the file in recovery mode
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Fri, 2009-06-26 at 05:14 +0100, Simon Riggs wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-06-25 at 20:25 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:

> > What I am thinking is that instead of the hack of clearing
> > LocalRecoveryInProgress to allow the current process to write WAL,
> > we should have a separate test function WALWriteAllowed() with a
> > state variable LocalWALWriteAllowed, and the hack should set that
> > state without playing any games with LocalRecoveryInProgress.  Then
> > RecoveryInProgress() remains true during the end-of-recovery checkpoint
> > and we can condition the TruncateMultiXact and TruncateSUBTRANS calls
> > on that.  Meanwhile the various places that check RecoveryInProgress
> > to decide if WAL writing is allowed should call WALWriteAllowed()
> > instead.
>
> No need.

Belay that. Yes, agree need for additional state, though think its more
like EndRecoveryIsComplete().

От: Simon Riggs
Сообщение: Re: BUG #4879: bgwriter fails to fsync the file in recovery mode
Сообщение: Re: BUG #4879: bgwriter fails to fsync the file in recovery mode