Re: Postgre cant start

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Postgre cant start
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Olivier Bessière <obessiere@boomerangpharma.com> writes:
> PostgreSQL V7.1

Egad.  You really, really, really need to update forthwith.
The list of bugs that have been fixed since 7.1 would curl your toes.
http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/release.html

> FATAL 2:  cannot read block 1802 of pg_log: Success

This suggests that pg_log has been truncated.  Try something like
dd bs=8192 count=1 seek=1802 if=/dev/zero of=$PGDATA/global/1269

and try to start the postmaster.  If it then complains about a higher
block number, add that one in the same way, and repeat.

I don't have a whole lot of confidence that this will get you a
self-consistent database, but maybe you will be able to extract
some data.  Dump, compare against your last backup (you do have
one I trust), see what data you believe.

For heaven's sake, update!