Re: BUG #2111: Error parsing 'infinity' under some versions of glibc

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #2111: Error parsing 'infinity' under some versions of glibc
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
"Neil Parker" <nparker@microniche.com> writes:
> This problem appears to be glibc's fault, not PostgreSQL's.

Indeed, so why are you complaining to us?

> Below is a patch that fixes the problem on the affected system.

I'm fairly unenthused about a kluge that hurts performance on
standard-conforming systems (by forcing them to traverse the slow code
path) in order to cater to a long-obsolete glibc whose behavior conforms
to neither the C standard nor its own documentation.  If this bug is a
problem for you, update glibc.