Re: postmaster LISTENing on UDP port 32938

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: postmaster LISTENing on UDP port 32938
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> rhubbell wrote:
>> Found this on a recent install.  I don't find anything documented on why
>> postmaster is LISTENing on this port. What's the purpose?
>> If it's not required how to disable?

> It should just be localhost and I believe it's the stats collector
> talking to the rest of the system.

Also, the socket has been connect()'d to itself, which means that it is
impossible for any non-database process to send to it anyway (barring
your kernel being subverted, in which case this is the least of your
worries).  There's no security hole here.