Re: list_head naming conflict gcc 4.2/perl/solaris

От Zdenek Kotala
Тема Re: list_head naming conflict gcc 4.2/perl/solaris
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Zdenek Kotala píše v po 01. 06. 2009 v 22:45 +0200:
> Tom Lane píše v po 01. 06. 2009 v 16:09 -0400:
> > Zdenek Kotala <Zdenek.Kotala@Sun.COM> writes:
>

> > What is <sys/list.h>, and why is it being imported by the Perl headers?
>
> It seems that problem is with Perl. It includes sys/mode.h. The new
> change for gcc 4.2 is that mode.h includes vnode.h and it finally
> sys/list.h which is generic list for kernel structures.
>
> > Can we do something like "#define list_head solaris_list_head" around
> > the problematic #include?  (Which one is that, anyway?)
>
> I will try it. There is following hack:
>
> CFLAGS="-D_SYS_VNODE_H"
>
> which disable vnode.h and breaks include chain.
>
> I need to install fresh nightly build of Solaris to test it on live
> system.

Perl includes sys/mode.h which is probably not necessary (it look likes
that it is something for AIX), but it seems that sys/*.h headers
modifications break more than only PostgreSQL. And kernel guys should
fix it. Which means no change for PostgreSQL. Only who will use
opensolaris devel builds 116 could have a problem. I will skip these
build(s) on my buildfarm animals.
Zdenek