Re: Compiler warning cleanup - unitilized const variables, pointer type mismatch

От Zdenek Kotala
Тема Re: Compiler warning cleanup - unitilized const variables, pointer type mismatch
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane píše v čt 28. 05. 2009 v 11:42 -0400:
> Zdenek Kotala <Zdenek.Kotala@Sun.COM> writes:
> > I attached another cleanup patch which fixes following warnings reported
> > by Sun Studio:
>
> I'm not too impressed with any of these.  The proposed added
> initializers just increase future maintenance effort without solving
> any real problem (since the variables are required by C standard to
> initialize to zero).

Agree.

>  The proposed signature change on psql_completion
> is going to replace a warning on your system with outright failures on
> other people's.

I check readline and definition is still same at least from 5.0 version.
I'm not still understand why it should failure on other systems. I
looked on revision 1.30 of the file and there is only readline-4.2
support mentioned. Is readline 4.2 the problem?
Zdenek