Re: running postgresql on a private machine accessing it from public web pages

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: running postgresql on a private machine accessing it from public web pages
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, 2009-05-21 at 13:49 -0400, Keith D. Evans wrote:
> Joshua,
>
> Let me rephrase what I wrote. The database is on a public machine
> (Linux), but the postgresql postmaster runs on a private machine
> (Solaris 10).  Can we access the postgresql database through the public
> machine, even though the postmaster is running from a (different)
> private machine?

A postmaster must be running on whatever database you are trying to
access. You could use replication such as Slony to mirror the linux
database to the solaris one.

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL - XMPP: jdrake@jabber.postgresql.org