Re: Any better plan for this query?..

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Any better plan for this query?..
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
> Dimitri <dimitrik.fr@gmail.com> writes:
> > Anyone may explain me why analyze target may have so huge negative
> > secondary effect?..
>
> If these are simple queries, maybe what you're looking at is the
> increase in planning time caused by having to process 10x as much
> statistical data.  Cranking statistics_target to the max just because
> you can is not necessarily a good strategy.

statistics_target effects tables, so we have problems if you have a mix
of simple and complex queries. IMHO we need an explicit planner_effort
control, rather than the more arcane *_limit knobs which are effectively
the same thing, just harder to use in practice.

Сообщение: Re: Any better plan for this query?..
Сообщение: Re: Any better plan for this query?..