Re: Raising our compiler requirements for 9.6

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Raising our compiler requirements for 9.6
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 07/01/2015 01:33 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> writes:
>>> At the very least I think we should start to rely on 'static inline's
>>> working. There is not, and hasn't been for a while, any buildfarm animal
>>> that does not support it

>> pademelon doesn't.

> Other reasoning aside, pademelon is running an HPUX version that is 10
> years old. I don't think we should care.

Try 16.  The reason I run it is not because anyone cares about actually
running Postgres on such a machine; it's just so that we will know when
we are breaking compatibility with ancient C compilers.  I brought it up
merely to refute Andres' claim that we do not have buildfarm coverage
of the case.