how many connections can i use????

От Edmundo Robles L.
Тема how many connections can i use????
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello there!

I have a problem with the number of connections on postgres 7.2.1, yeah
is  a   quite older :-)
but  i have it  running on SCO OpenServer 5.0.7 and  tried to change
the number of connections  above  100 but,
  i only got 100  sometimes  101 but no more.

I changed  the  parameters line   of postmaster to  "-N 128 -B 256" , "
-N 256  -B 512", etc;  even  modified  the max_connections and
shared_buffers on  postgresql.conf but  i  only got 100 connections :-(

I hope  the following info, could help to solve the above mentioned:

Operative system: SCO OpenServer 5.0.7

SHMMAX=    106340761
SHMMIN=     1
SHMALL=    512
SHMSEG=    6
SHMMNI=    100
SEMMNI=     256
SEMMSL=    150
SEMMAP=    8192
SEMVMX=    32767

memsize: 1063407616

thanks in advance, and regards from  Mexico.
--
Di  NO  a la pirateria, usa software libre.
Say NO  to  piracy,   use  free(dom) software.