Re: Online Backups PostGre

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Online Backups PostGre
Дата
Re: Online Backups PostGre  (Adrian Klaver <aklaver@comcast.net>)
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, 2009-05-01 at 09:22 -0700, PostGre Newbie wrote:
> Hi everyone,

> I searched the web and I know I should get a snapshot of the
> filesystem and then backup the WAL archive logs but this is the part
> where I am confused. I do not know of any open source backup utilities
> that can take snapshots of the filesystem. I get the overall concept
> of online backups but I am still unclear EXACTLY how the system works.
> I would be grateful if anyone could explain it to me. I have already
> gone through the postgresql document on online backups.

Well that's just it. Out of the box it doesn't actually work. PostgreSQL
only gives you the facilities to roll your own PITR solution. You can
look at PITR Tools:

https://projects.commandprompt.com/public/pitrtools

It doesn't quite work on Windows due to lack of rsync and signaling
differences but could give you an idea of how to move forward with your
own implementation.

I would also note that Win32 8.1 is deprecated and unsupported. You need
to update to at least 8.2.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

--