Creating a test database and table

От kulmacet101@kulmacet.com
Тема Creating a test database and table
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
All,

I was creating a simple database for testing, as I created this table here
is the response I got from the DB:

NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE will create implicit sequence "movies_movie_id_seq"
for serial column "movies.movie_id"
"movies_pkey" for table "movies"

Query OK, 0 rows affected (1.391 sec)

Here is the script I ran:

create table movies (
    movie_id    serial          not null,
    title       varchar(255)    not null,
    ranking     int,

    primary key (movie_id)
);

I am the only one accessing this server and DB. This table creation seems
slow. The server is running on VMWare and has about 1GB of memory but this
time for table creation seems slow. I am relatively new to Postgres and
was wondering if there is a setting or adjustment that can be done to
speed this up or is the time for this process about right. My thoughts are
that an out of the box install should be sufficient but I think more
adjustment is required.

Any thoughts or opinions appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Kulmacet