Re: pg crashing

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg crashing
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> I'll see if I can repro a case like it to see if the syslogger prevents
> the shared mem from going away when I get back to a dev box. Should be
> enough to just stick a sleep preventing it from stopping, right?

The syslogger isn't restarted at all during a crash --- this isn't
a race-condition scenario.

If there is a race condition here, it must be associated with cleanup
for a process continuing to happen after win32_waitpid has already
reported it dead.  Hmm ... how much do we trust that bit of spaghetti
around pgwin32_deadchild_callback?  What condition is it really waiting
for?