Re: PL compilations ignores LDFLAGS

От Zdenek Kotala
Тема Re: PL compilations ignores LDFLAGS
Дата
Re: PL compilations ignores LDFLAGS  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane píše v čt 23. 04. 2009 v 11:11 -0400:
> Zdenek Kotala <Zdenek.Kotala@Sun.COM> writes:
> > I hit a problem with libtcl.so that LDFLAGS is not propagated. The same
> > problem is with other PL languages as well.
>
> > Is it intention or a bug?
>
> It's intentional; LDFLAGS is for linking executables and may not be
> suitable for shlibs.  I see that Makefile.shlib makes exceptions for
> some platforms though.  What *specific* problem are you having, on what
> platform?

I have problem with setup builfarm member on Solaris 10. I need to pass
-R<path> (rpath). I can do it by LD_OPTIONS as we do it for package
building. I had only doubt if it is correct behavior.

however it seems to me that $rpath should be set like --with-libs, but
it look likes that it does not work.
Thanks Zdenek