Re: Prepared transactions vs novice DBAs, again

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Prepared transactions vs novice DBAs, again
Дата
Re: Prepared transactions vs novice DBAs, again  ("Kevin Grittner" <Kevin.Grittner@wicourts.gov>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> I wrote:
> Warning about very old prepared transactions is something that we
> could think about doing as well; it doesn't have to be either-or.
> I think the need for it would decrease quite a bit if they weren't
> enabled by default, though.
>
> Comments?  Anyone seriously opposed to making the default be zero?

I am not opposed to making the default zero. I am also +1 on adding the
warnings.

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL - XMPP: jdrake@jabber.postgresql.org  Consulting, Development, Support, Training  503-667-4564 -
http://www.commandprompt.com/ The PostgreSQL Company, serving since 1997

От: Heikki Linnakangas
Сообщение: Re: The last WAL segment of the old timeline is not archived for a while after archive recovery