Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Stamp releases notes for 8.2.3, 8.1.8, 8.0.12.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Stamp releases notes for 8.2.3, 8.1.8, 8.0.12.
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
Neil Conway <neilc@samurai.com> writes:
> If it fixes a real, non-theoretical bug and has been backpatched to a
> stable release branch, I would say in most cases it is worth documenting
> in the release notes. Describing every change made in a new feature
> release (i.e. 8.3.0) would be far too much verbiage, but far fewer
> changes are made to stable branches. Also, documenting all the
> significant changes in stable branch releases is valuable to let users
> identify possible regressions.

Neil has a good point: the documentation policy should be different for
updates to stable branches than it is for a new major release.  I think
Bruce's "too small to bother with" policy is about right for major
releases, but if we've bothered to back-patch something then it's
usually worth documenting.

Сообщение: Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Stamp releases notes for 8.2.3, 8.1.8, 8.0.12.
Сообщение: Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Stamp releases notes for 8.2.3, 8.1.8, 8.0.12.