Re: What do people use for connection pooling with PostgreSQL JDBC

От Hannu Krosing
Тема Re: What do people use for connection pooling with PostgreSQL JDBC
Дата
Re: What do people use for connection pooling with PostgreSQL JDBC  (Dave Cramer <pg@fastcrypt.com>)
Список pgsql-jdbc
On Tue, 2009-04-07 at 06:24 -0400, Dave Cramer wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 4:35 AM, Hannu Krosing <hannu@2ndquadrant.com>
> wrote:
>         On Mon, 2009-04-06 at 07:43 -0400, Dave Cramer wrote:
>         > huh ? What makes you think it doesn't deal with arrays ?
>

>         I have a sample function, whit takes an array argument
>
>         CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION arraySum(
>                multiplier bigint,
>                valuelist bigint[],
>                OUT result int
>         ) AS
>         $$
>         BEGIN
>            result = 0;
>            FOR idx IN array_lower(valuelist,
>         1)..array_upper(valuelist, 1) LOOP
>                result = result + multiplier * valuelist[idx];
>            END LOOP;
>            RETURN;
>         END;
>         $$ LANGUAGE plpgsql SECURITY DEFINER;
>

>         When I call this function directly via JDBC or using proxool I
>         get a
>         result, when doing it via c3p0 or dbcp I get an exception -
>
>           Long[] array = { 1L, 2L };
>           PreparedStatement ps = conn.prepareStatement(
>                "SELECT * FROM arraySum(?, ?)");
>           ps.setLong(1, 3L);
>           ps.setArray(2, conn.createArrayOf("bigint", array));
>           ps.execute();
>
> OK, createArrayOf is a relatively new method. So .... you have a few
> ways around this.
>
> 1) don't use it, create your own arrays.
> 2) fix the dbcp code
> 3) complain to dbcp people

It's both dbcp and c3po.

I understand that dbcp and c3po work on some other databases jdbc
drivers, so maybe I could also do

4) fix jdbc code to provide required createArrayOf support

no ?

--
Hannu Krosing   http://www.2ndQuadrant.com
PostgreSQL Scalability and Availability

Сообщение: Re: What do people use for connection pooling with PostgreSQL JDBC
Сообщение: Re: What do people use for connection pooling with PostgreSQL JDBC