Re: Multi-Dimensional Histograms

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Multi-Dimensional Histograms
Дата
Re: Multi-Dimensional Histograms  (Nathan Boley <npboley@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
David Fetter <david@fetter.org> writes:
> On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 01:28:01PM -0700, Nathan Boley wrote:
>> ... They dismiss
>> singular value decomposition and the discrete wavelet transform as
>> being too parametric ( which is silly, IMHO )

> Should we have a separate discussion about eigenvalues?  Wavelets?

I think it'd be a short discussion: what will you do with non-numeric
datatypes?  We probably don't really want to assume anything stronger
than that the datatype has a total ordering.

Сообщение: Re: Query progress indication - an implementation
Сообщение: Re: Query progress indication - an implementation