Re: [Gmod-schema] Re: performace problem after VACUUM ANALYZE

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [Gmod-schema] Re: performace problem after VACUUM ANALYZE
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
SLetovsky@aol.com writes:
> Am I correct in interpreting your comments as saying you believe that
> if we could lose the OR and the strand constraint PG would probably
> use the index properly?

No, I said I thought it could do it without that ;-).  But yes, you'd
have a much less fragile query if you could lose the OR condition.

Have you looked into using a UNION ALL instead of OR to merge the two
sets of results?  It sounds grotty, but might be faster...