Re: Singnals code (not just win32 specific)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Singnals code (not just win32 specific)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Jan Wieck <JanWieck@Yahoo.com> writes:
> While talking about it, I think our usage of signals is way overloaded
> anyway. Any ideas how to replace it all with just one signal and a
> regular message queue?

Fooling with the definitions of SIGTERM, SIGINT, SIGQUIT would be a
really bad idea, since we have to behave reasonably when those signals
are sent to us by code not under our control.  Unix system shutdown
pretty much forces our SIGTERM behavior, for example.

Everything else pretty much already is funneled through SIGUSR1 and
SIGUSR2.