[Q] UTF-8 testing with Windows/ODBC 8.3.0400

От V S P
Тема [Q] UTF-8 testing with Windows/ODBC 8.3.0400
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Hello,
I am trying to confirm that my program can read UTF-8 characters and
cannot seem to figure out what's wrong.  I get question marks

I am using ODBC PSQLODBC35W.dll

My C++ program relies on OTL C++ library to do DB access, and in the
Visual Studio debugger I see only question marks '?' for the strings.
When I convert the question marks to utf-16 (in memory) just to see if
may displaying is wrong but I get '63'.
I am using std::string to store the bytestream from varchar column an I
think it is ok
because I do not need to 'manipulate' the content.

To eliminate my program from the consideration I downloaded and
installed
ODBC Query Tool 0.72 Beta build 23
(from sourcerorge)

I get the same question marks on the columns with unicode text.
I know that the database has stored it correctly, because I can see
everything 'Ok' with  PGAdminIII (and things work ok with my PHP PDO
access).

I do not have PGCLIENTENCODING=UTF8  set in the 'System', instead I just
set it per
command prompt, however I do not think it matters.

I have set ODBC driver options to have max var char length to 75000 and
the long var char to 75,000.

I cannot figure out what else I might be doing wrong.... as I said, all
I need for now it is just to test out that a C++ program via ODBC can
get the data.

thanks in advance for any help,
Vlad

--