Re: CVS HEAD dumps core on simple tsvector input example

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: CVS HEAD dumps core on simple tsvector input example
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> BTW, why does the 'a':6 lexeme disappear?  To the extent that I
>> understand how this should work, I'd have expected 'a' and 'a':6
>> to merge into 'a':6 not plain 'a'.

> 'a':1,6 perhaps?

No, it would be inappropriate to add a '1' that wasn't specified.

My reasoning is that 'a':1 and 'a':6 are distinct bits of information,
hence their combination is 'a':1,6.  But 'a' doesn't give any more
information than 'a':6 so it should be dropped by the
duplicate-elimination code.  It's not clear to me whether that's
what Oleg and Teodor think, though.

Hm, just found a variant of the bug:

regression=# select 'a a:6'::tsvector;tsvector
(1 row)

regression=# select 'a a:6'::tsvector;                                tsvector

(1 row)

This makes it look even more like a memory-corruption issue.