Re: Has anybody think about changing BLCKSZ to an option of initdb?

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Has anybody think about changing BLCKSZ to an option of initdb?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, 2009-03-14 at 15:29 +0000, Gregory Stark wrote:

> > I think that is an understatement. I would say 99% of postgresql users
> > do NOT compile from source. Heck the only time I compile from source is
> > when I need to fix mis-configured defaults in RH packages (which is why
> > we now have rpms that fix those defaults) or when we have back patched
> > something for a customer.
>
> So has anyone here done any experiments with live systems with different block
> sizes? What were your experiences?

I tested with 4k once. The system tanked. This might be a good one for
the performance lab.

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL - XMPP: jdrake@jabber.postgresql.org  Consulting, Development, Support, Training  503-667-4564 -
http://www.commandprompt.com/ The PostgreSQL Company, serving since 1997

От: Gregory Stark
Сообщение: Re: Has anybody think about changing BLCKSZ to an option of initdb?
Сообщение: Re: Has anybody think about changing BLCKSZ to an option of initdb?