Re: Returning multiple cursors from PL/PgSQL

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Returning multiple cursors from PL/PgSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
David Fetter <david@fetter.org> writes:
>> Please find attached an example that allows people to return multiple
>> named refcursors from a function.  Big kudos to Kris Jurka for
>> figuring this out and pasting to rafb :)

> Oops.  Joe Conway pointed out that this patch could be more succinct
> and not create an essentially useless new type.

I think the example is pretty confusing, or at least not compelling,
since it's not clear to the reader why you'd go to all that trouble
to return two scalars.  The cursors ought to return rowsets.
Maybe

+     OPEN $1 FOR SELECT * FROM table1;
+     RETURN NEXT $1;
+     OPEN $2 FOR SELECT * FROM table2;