Re: Updates of SE-PostgreSQL 8.4devel patches (r1704)

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Updates of SE-PostgreSQL 8.4devel patches (r1704)
Дата
Re: Updates of SE-PostgreSQL 8.4devel patches (r1704)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 2009-03-10 at 14:47 -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Joshua D. Drake escribió:
>
> > Yes but I am also offering an opportunity for others to show up. Which
> > denying the patch does not do. If we provide SE support (even with
> > marking it experimental), I would wager that some Linux distributions
> > would begin to test it themselves which would allow us in turn to
> > benefit by taking it out of experimental. Since RH, SuSE etc... are not
> > going to Patch postgresql outside of some general compatibility issues.
>
> It was said upthread that SEPostgres is already packaged for Fedora.

Yes for but not by, AFAIK it is not actually included with Fedora.
Essentially it is packaged like the PGSQLRPMS are packaged, available
but outside of the project itself.

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL - XMPP: jdrake@jabber.postgresql.org  Consulting, Development, Support, Training  503-667-4564 -