Re: xpath processing brain dead

От Hannu Krosing
Тема Re: xpath processing brain dead
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 2009-02-27 at 22:55 -0500, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> Hannu Krosing wrote:
> >>>

> >> Some of the functions, including some specified in the standard, produce
> >> fragments. That's why we have the 'IS DOCUMENT' test.
> >>

> > But then you could use xmlfragments as the functions return type, no ?
> >

> Not in the case of xpath, no.

single xml document is a sub-case of xmlforest, so xmlforest should be
allowed as return type, no ?

> There is a very complete standard for the Xpath data model,
> and we need to adhere to it.

Is declaring a single all-covering "xml" data type the best or even the
only way to adhere ?

--
Hannu Krosing   http://www.2ndQuadrant.com
PostgreSQL Scalability and Availability   Services, Consulting and Training