Re: Hot standby, recovery procs

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Hot standby, recovery procs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 2009-02-26 at 10:04 +0200, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:

> we keep track of which xids
> have already been "reported" in the WAL (similar to what you had in an
> earlier version of the patch)

You objected to doing exactly that earlier. Why is it OK to do it now
that you are proposing it?

You haven't even given a good reason to make these changes.

We don't have time to make this change and then shake out everything
else that will break as a result. Are you suggesting that you will make
these changes and then follow up on all other breakages? Forcing this
request seems like a great way to cancel this patch, since it will be
marked as "author refused to make change".

You have spotted a problem elsewhere and I am working to fix that now.