Re: Synchronous replication & Hot standby patches

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Synchronous replication & Hot standby patches
Дата
Re: Synchronous replication & Hot standby patches
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 2009-02-25 at 00:51 +0900, Fujii Masao wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 3:47 PM, K, Niranjan (NSN - IN/Bangalore)
> <niranjan.k@nsn.com> wrote:
> > Could you please let me know what are the outstanding features that are still to be developed in the respective
patches?

> > I'am currently referring the wiki: "Todo and Claim" for NTT and for HotStandby, i see that almost all issues are
closed.Are there any features / refactoring / bugs still need to be fixed.

> At least I'm planning to work on the following two items of Synch Rep for v8.5.
> Of course, Synch Rep works fine without these features.

> - Add new feature which transfers all WAL records via the direct connection
>   between the primary and the standby. In other words, get rid of
>   file-based log shipping part from the patch.
>   http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/496B9495.4010902@enterprisedb.com

Please bear in mind my strong objection to this. Attempting to transfer
all data via a single connection destroys VLDB usage of this feature. So
for me its just additional code for ease-of-use in the simplest case,
not code replacement.