Re: Bumping block size to 16K on FreeBSD...

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Bumping block size to 16K on FreeBSD...
Дата
Re: Bumping block size to 16K on FreeBSD...  (Thomas Swan <tswan@idigx.com>)
Re: Bumping block size to 16K on FreeBSD...  (David Schultz <dschultz@uclink.Berkeley.EDU>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Sean Chittenden <sean@chittenden.org> writes:
> Are there any objections
> to me increasing the block size for FreeBSD installations to 16K for
> the upcoming 7.4 release?

I'm a little uncomfortable with introducing a cross-platform variation
in the standard block size.  That would have implications for things
like whether a table definition that works on FreeBSD could be expected
to work elsewhere; to say nothing of recommendations for shared_buffer
settings and suchlike.

Also, there is no infrastructure for adjusting BLCKSZ automatically at
configure time, and I don't much want to add it.